Chrissy Wickes a Biodiversity Ranger based in the Te Anau Area Office tells us why she loved her recent hut break.
Why I loved my recent tramping trip to Heather Jock Hut:
1) It was easy for the family to walk, a great little overnight treat.
2) We stayed in a really cool old hut in the tussock tops
3) We saw some amazing historic huts on the way to Heather Jock hut.
4) There was a wee bit of shade and a small waterfall on the way to give us relief from a very hot afternoon
5) Nobody else was staying there when we arrived – just as well as there were only 3 beds!
yes it was pretty damn cool. Life & Leisure in the great outdoors!
I absolutely love that first pic Chrissy. The colours of the grass and the gorgeous old hut, with the mountains in behind, are just stunning. This looks like a photo spread from Life & Leisure magazine!