Molesworth: Stories from New Zealand’s largest high country station has beaten stiff competition from the likes of The Luminaries, to win the Nielsen Booksellers’ Choice at the New Zealand Post Book Awards.
Molesworth tells the stories of those who have contributed to this spectacular and iconic reserve, and explains the importance of recreation and conservation in the running of a modern high-country farm.
The book was written by DOC’s honorary writer in residence, Harry Broad, with photographs by Rob Suisted.
“What we have attempted with the book is to do justice to all those who have made Molesworth and its mystique into such an iconic landscape.” ~ Harry Broad.
It has been said that the Booksellers Choice Award is the best one to win as it is a reflection of consumer awareness, from the people who buy and sell books, not just the view of the judges for any one year.
Congratulations Harry and Rob!
Learn more about Molesworth
- Molesworth: Stories from New Zealand’s largest high country station – www.craigpotton.co.nz
- History of Molesworth Station – www.doc.govt.nz
- Visiting Molesworth Station – www.doc.govt.nz
- Rob Suisted’s Molesworth Station photos – www.naturespic.com
- 2014 New Zealand Post Book Awards – www.booksellers.co.nz