Submissions closed on Monday 15 March and we received amazing films from all over Aotearoa New Zealand! Thank you to everyone who entered the Rangatahi mō Papatūānuku video competition. We’ve enjoyed watching each one of the entries.
The creativity, technical and storytelling ability is really impressive. From the entries, we’ve had those that have made us laugh out loud and others that have inspired us to reflect or to take action. Above all, the entries showcase rangatahi voices and ideas on how to ensure how to ensure Papatūānuku thrives. Anei, tēnei rā te mihi ki a koutou.
We’ve narrowed entries down to a shortlist that will go to our judges today. See the list below. If your name is on the list then you are up for winning one of the following prizes: $1000 for each category winner and $500 for each runner up. Categories are: Creative content; Te reo Māori, Memory, Funny, Ambassador for the protection of the rohe, and Rangatahi Presenter Choice (chosen by Presenter, Sonny Ngatai)
The judges have a week to review the films and send us their decisions. On March 29 we’ll announce the winners and runners up on this blog and on other social media. So, stay tuned!
• How to find your connection to Papatūānuku by Summer
• Thrive by Shaquan
• How to Minimise our Carbon Footprint by Marama
• Zoe’s Story by Emma
• Kauri Dieback Disease by Lukas
• Boogie 2ānuku by Te Rangi Aniwaniwa
• Tai Poutini Earthcare by Alex
• Enhancing the mauri of Papatūānuku by Tairyn
• Our Earth Mother – Papatūānuku by Kaya
• Tobacco Weed by Michaela
• Jimmy’s Garden by Sarah and Sam
• Te Waraki by Maddy
• Life is Short and the World is Wide by Mari
• Unstoppable soil by Molly & Luca
• Mullet Avenue, Shaping our everyday kōrero and tirohanga by Mullet Avenue
• Tāua | Us by Michelle
• Manawa O Te Whenua – Breath Of The Land by Laura, Molly & Jane
• What we do to help Papatūānuku thrive by Jak
• Kauri by Kaia
Kia Ora DOC, I’m the writer and director of Manawa O Te Whenua. So excited and humbled to have made it onto the shortlist! However, my groups names on here are incorrect. could you please change it to – Laura, David, Tasman & Codey. Nga mihi, thank you!!